|Company:||Media Entertainment and Arts Alliance|
|Telephone:||02 9333 0917|
|Apps close:||Wednesday 16th October 2019|
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dedicated and energetic union, representing workers in the MEAA's Entertainment, Crew and Sport section.
The role is based in our Sydney office.
We are looking for an Organiser who is an all-rounder, a problem solver and preferably has experience in the arts and/or entertainment industry.
Key duties include:
• Problem solving
• Providing advice to members on enterprise agreements and resolving workplace issues
• Working with the ECS Director to undertake industry wide and site specific campaigns to build membership and influence
• Negotiating with employers and other industry stakeholders
• Operational planning and implementation
• Recruiting and mobilising union members
• Identifying, developing and working with union activists and leaders
• Strong communication skills and ability to play a leadership role amongst members
• Working knowledge and/or experience within the arts and entertainment industry
• Proficient in organising frameworks
• Ability to identify and utilise opportunities and resolve problems
• Advocacy, negotiation or dispute resolution skills
• Industrial relations experience, including working knowledge of agreements and awards
The preferred candidate would have experience in arts/entertainment and/or organising experience with a proven ability to manage industrial and organising priorities.
The role involves intermittent evening and weekend work.
A commitment to trade union principles and workers’ rights is essential.
Remuneration is dependent on skills and experience.
The position is based in Sydney with a package dependent on skills and experience, plus 10.5% employer contribution to superannuation. You will also be entitled to 5 weeks annual leave each year plus an additional 3 days leave between Christmas and New Year.
Applications close on Wednesday 16 October 2019 at 5pm. Please forward your curriculum vitae and covering letter marked attention Jack Walton to firstname.lastname@example.org