|Company:||Queensland Catholic Education Commission|
|Telephone:||07 3316 5849|
|Apps close:||Friday 11th October 2019|
The Queensland Catholic Education Commission (QCEC) is seeking an experienced Workplace Relations professional for a key role contributing to QCEC’s Workplace Relations functions. The Senior Workplace Relations Adviser provides expertise in:
• Supporting QCEC’s leadership role in the planning, coordination, negotiation and settlement of Enterprise Bargaining negotiations in consultation with 22 Catholic School Authorities which operate 304 schools and employ more than 19,000 staff across the State.
• Providing strategic and operational advice to school authorities on a range of workplace relations issues, including preparation of resources and (where necessary) training.
• Undertaking workplace relations investigations and preparing investigation reports.
Key Skills and Experience
• Support for the vision, mission and values of QCEC
• Tertiary level qualifications in Law, Industrial Relations or Human Resources, or
• Significant practical experience in Workplace Relations or advisory services
• Significant practical experience in advising large, diverse and complex organizations about Workplace Relations, Industrial Relations and Human Resources issues
• High level ability to contribute to the development and implementation of negotiation and bargaining strategies, including advising on the management of complex EB or related industrial relations processes and dispute resolution processes
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence senior managers
• Ability to work autonomously and to exercise judgement in developing and executing strategies on behalf of QCEC and employing authorities
• Experience representing and advocating on behalf of employers. Advocacy experience with the Fair Work Commission or other tribunals would be highly regarded.
• High level ability to identify, develop and deliver quality professional advice on workplace relations policy, issues and practice and to conduct and report on investigations.
• Commitment to participate in and contribute to building a positive and collaborative staff culture.
Please refer to the information on the website noted above to apply for this role.