|Salary:||$78,956.80 to $121,565.60 plus 9.5% superannuation|
|Company:||Victorian Allied Health Professionals Association|
|Apps close:||Thursday 24th October 2019|
The Victorian Allied Health Professionals Association (VAHPA) is an industry-based Union for Allied Health Professionals working in Victoria in the Public, Community and Private health care sectors.
We are committed to providing a professional, stimulating and friendly work environment in which staff can thrive as they meet the challenges of improving the jobs and careers of our members and representing their interests in the community.
Industrial Officer (Organising)
The Industrial Officer (Organising) (IO (Organising)) is an experienced legal and industrial relations officer specialising in workplace organising and enterprise bargaining. The IO (Organising) works as an integral part of the Organising Team under the direction of the Lead Organiser with professional support and guidance provided by the Senior Industrial Officer.
The IO (Organising) is required to participate in the development and implementation of VAHPA industrial campaigns including taking a lead role in enterprise agreement negotiations, managing the legal, technical and representative aspects of collective disputes and ensuring that members are supported and empowered with regard to workplace change.
The IO (Organising) is to work collegiately with all Branch employees to ensure VAHPA is best placed to pursue its objects and be true to its Mission Statement at all times. VAHPA employees are to approach each and every work task with the aim of advancing the strength of the collective and of fostering member solidarity.
Duties and Responsibilities
• To work closely with colleagues in the Organising Team and with VAHPA Members to identify and respond to workplace issues in a manner that improves workplace conditions and that empowers workers;
• To work with members to develop strategic logs of claim for enterprise bargaining;
• To develop and implement industrial (bargaining) strategy aimed at securing improvements for VAHPA members;
• To lead enterprise agreement negotiations;
• To communicate with members openly and honestly on the progress of bargaining;
• To provide members with timely and accurate advice on matters including on organising, industrial law, workplace policy, workplace health and safety, workers compensation and union governance & democracy;
• To produce copy on matters of interest and significance for the regular VAHPA publication, the Allied Health Activist;
• To answer inbound phone calls during busy periods and respond to membership enquiries in an effective, prompt and professional manner;
• To communicate effectively and professionally with members and prospective members via phone, email and other relevant means;
• To comply with all privacy obligations and ensure that Member details are treated respectfully;
• To prepare and deliver relevant workplace education;
• To prepare written and verbal reports for the Branch Committee of Management as required;
• To attend and speak at delegate meetings and events;
• To promote a positive image of VAHPA by being professional and efficient in all interactions with Members and the public;
• To take an active role in preparing for and running conciliation and/or arbitration within the Fair Work Commission or other relevant courts of law;
• To attend rallies and stand in solidarity with other branches of the HSU and other unions;
• To play an active role in the Delegates Conference, including planning, preparation, the event itself and clean up;
• Other duties as required.
To view detailed position description and selection criteria, navigate to: http://vahpa.asn.au/positions-vacant/
How to Apply
Applicants must address the Key Selection Criteria in their application.
Applications should be submitted by COB Thursday 24 October 2019 via email to email@example.com, using the subject line: Industrial Officer (Organising).
For further information, please contact Branch Secretary, Craig McGregor on 0447 548 990.
VAHPA is an equal opportunity employer.