|Location:||Lewisham and Woolloomooloo, NSW|
|Company:||St Vincent de Paul Society NSW|
|Apps close:||Friday 13th September 2019|
• Permanent, full-time
• Competitive salary plus tax free benefits
• Based in Lewisham and Woolloomooloo
• Involves travel to locations within Sydney Metro and regional areas
• Close to Railway Station and on-street parking is available
• Requires Valid Drivers Licence
What we do
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. Our people reach out to the most vulnerable in our community through our Conferences, Special Works and Vinnies shops. The Society’s mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society by offering a ‘hands up’ approach to people in need respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
About the Service
The newly formed People & Culture Division supports the 4,000 members, 15,000 volunteers and 2,000 employees of the Society in NSW in the areas of Workforce Readiness, Workforce Engagement, Organisational Development, WHS, Remuneration and Benefits and Conference and Member Support and promotes best practice and empowers our people to live the Society’s Mission and Vision through their work.
The Senior HR Business Partner is responsible for the provision of workplace relations advice and services across the Society in NSW, on a business partnership model. The position provides senior level support to the executive officers, managers and employees within the allocated business areas.
The key responsibilities of the role will include but are not limited to:
• Providing strategic and operational human resources guidance, advice and services and acts as a single point of contact for the managers and staff of their internal clients;
• Managing special projects as required and support change initiatives in organisational design and resources
• Providing change management support to the internal client, especially in regard to structural change
• Building and maintaining relationships with relevant external stakeholders including trade unions, Fair Work Australia, the Society’s risk and insurance providers
• Acting as the performance improvement driver and propel positive changes in people management for the internal client
This role will report to the Group Manager of IR/HRP/WHS. The Position Description is available on the Vinnies website, please see link below.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
• Certification/degree in HR/IR
• Minimum 4 years experience as HR/IR generalist
• Knowledge of, and experience in, a broad range of human resources disciplines, including generalist HR support and industrial relations
• Proven stakeholder management skills and the ability to develop effective relationships with managers, executive and staff to achieve business outcomes
• Proven independent and collaborative working skills
• Experience in the investigation and management of workplace grievances, or capacity to undertake
• Ability to manage competing demands and prioritise activities to ensure effective service delivery
• Proven communication skills in assessing and communicating complex HR information to stakeholders.
• Proven negotiation and analytical skills
• Current NSW Driver Licence
• Willingness to work within the ethos and mission of the Society
Come and join our team!
We believe our employees are key to our success and in return we offer:
• Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people’s lives in an organisation that cares about people.
• Generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
• In addition to excellent learning and development programs, as a large purpose driven organisation we provide opportunities to grow your career across a range of teams and services.
• Supportive, friendly and values driven team environment and culture.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including reference checks, a Police check, Working with Children check, Health Declaration and/or a medical check, Right to work in Australia check. The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People.
If you have questions about this role and salary expectations, please email to Angela D'Amore (Group Manager of IR/HRP/WHS) Angela.DAmore@vinnies.org.au quoting: Senior HR Business Partner / VIN1595.
You can apply online via this link to the Vinnies website: https://vinnies-nsw.applynow.net.au/jobs/VIN1595-senior-hr-business-partner
Applications close at COB on 13 September 2019
Please submit your application attaching your Resume including your responses to the Essential Criteria outlined in the attached Position Description. Applications will be immediately reviewed upon receipt.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.