|Company:||United Firefighters Union|
|Telephone:||03 9419 8811|
|Apps close:||Thursday 19th September 2019|
About the UFUA
The United Firefighters Union of Australia is a federally-registered trade union that represents over 11,000 firefighters across Australia. You will be working on a major fire service reform project for the Victorian Branch of the UFUA
Victoria has just legislated a new professional fire service.
We are seeking an experienced Industrial Officer with a legal background who has experience in transmission of business, inclusive of negotiating the transition of current industrial agreements and entitlements of members.
The successful applicant must show an ability to work unsupervised, meet tight deadlines and work in a time-critical environment.
On the conclusion of the 18-month period, ongoing employment can be discussed however this newly-created position is specific to the implementation of the new fire and rescue service model in Victoria.
- strong attention to detail
- demonstrated experience with industrial instruments
- sound knowledge of the Australian industrial relations system
- Ability to make decisions and recommendations
- High level of organisation skills and ability to work to tight deadlines
- proficiency using the Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work unsupervised