|Company:||Hall Payne Lawyers|
|Apps close:||Thursday 12th September 2019|
A rare opportunity exists for a solicitor with 2-4 years PAE to join the highly regarded industrial relations/employment law team at Hall Payne Lawyers working from our Sydney CBD office. Our team takes a collaborative and supportive approach in the provision of legal services to a diverse client base consisting of unions, their members and community organisations. The values, passion and unity of the staff have contributed to the strong culture and harmonious work environment.
Hall Payne Lawyers industrial relations / employment law team provide a broad range of services including:
* assisting major unions and professional associations with bargaining, secret ballots, and industrial action;
* representation and advocacy in industrial disputes and freedom of association matters;
* drafting and advising in relation to employment contracts;
* advising on restraint of trade and confidentiality matters;
* unfair and unlawful termination claims, as well as advising and assisting in relation to related termination and redundancy matters;
* discrimination and sexual harassment claims;
* recovery of unpaid wages; and
* advising in relation to union right of entry
Members of our IR/employment team also have the opportunity to gain experience in diverse and challenging areas of the law as required by clients, including corporate and associations law, coronial inquests, defamation, and electoral and political legal issues.
Our highly specialised team has an exemplary record of successfully representing employees and organisations in both the Courts and in specialist tribunals. Working with us gives people great opportunities to hone their advocacy skills, as our lawyers often appear in complex matters rather than briefing Counsel.
Hall Payne Lawyers ensures that all staff have client contact and ready access to senior lawyers.
The successful applicant will possess previous experience in employment law and commercial litigation and will assist in large, litigious matters. You will demonstrate a solid understanding of industrial relations and employment law issues, be dedicated and have strong drafting, advisory and advocacy skills. You should also be prepared to undertake arbitrations, conciliation conferences and hearings.
An attractive salary package together with generous staff benefits, rarely seen in a private practice law firm, is on offer.
Our staff believe in their vocation and are committed to fighting for the rights of workers.