|Salary:||$69,650-$89,792 plus superannuation|
|Company:||ASMOF - The Doctors' Union|
|Telephone:||02 9212 6900|
|Facsimile:||02 9212 6911|
|Apps close:||Monday 26th August 2019|
ASMOF is a progressive and growing union established to promote and protect the broad interests of salaried doctors and to advocate for high quality publicly funded health services.
We have an exciting opportunity for a professional, highly motivated and efficient person who can initiate and perform a range of administration, membership support and records management activities to support the achievement of ASMOF strategic objectives and outcomes.
We would like you to join our team in mid-September for 12 months on a fixed term parental leave replacement contract. The role may suit someone interested in a short-term secondment opportunity.
The main responsibilities of the Corporate and Membership Support Officer are to:
• Receipt, classify and register mail, and distribute hardcopy and electronic documents; ensuring effective tracking and response follow up where required
• Create, maintain and track ASMOF corporate and membership related records within the records management system to ensure that all records of ASMOF business are captured and managed accountably
• Assist ASMOF staff locate and retrieve records and ensure that records are archived or disposed of effectively and in accordance with organisational policies and procedures
• Provide training to ASMOF staff to raise awareness of recordkeeping responsibilities and the best-practice use of records management tools
• Assist with organising meetings and events including room setup, greeting and directing attendees, venue hire, travel and accommodation arrangements
• Coordinate and undertake a range of procurement activities including obtaining quotes, liaison with suppliers, ordering and maintaining office supplies and stationery, maintaining asset registers and receiving goods in accordance with organisational policies and procedures
• Undertake member application and payment processing activities and maintain and update the membership information management system
• Receive and handle straightforward telephone, email and online inquiries from ASMOF members / potential members and support them in understanding application and renewal procedures
• Support Industrial staff in filing documents and listing matters before the Industrial Relations Commission/Fair Work Commission as required
• Contribute to system and process improvement initiatives to enhance organisational effectiveness.
To be successful you will have:
• a commitment to our union values and social justice
• the ability to communicate clearly and provide telephone support to members
• competence using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and membership information management systems
• the ability to work autonomously and as a member of a small service-oriented team
• proven organisational and time management skill and the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
• initiative and a proactive approach to problem solving
• proven accuracy and attention to detail
• experience in a customer service environment
• knowledge and experience in records and document management.
Start Date - mid September 2019
How to apply for this job?
Please address your application to Andrew Holland, Executive Director, ASMOF NSW by email to email@example.com with the subject line Corporate and Membership Support Officer application by COB 26 August 2019.
Applicants must provide a CV and a cover letter that specifically addresses the Qualifications, Skills & Experience criteria contained in the Position Description. Persons not responding to each criteria will not be considered. To obtain a copy of the Position Description, please contact Jennifer Waddell or Edie Stokoe-Miller on 02 9212 6900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.