|Company:||Media Entertainment and Arts Alliance|
|Telephone:||02 9333 0971|
|Apps close:||Friday 28th June 2019|
Entertainment, Crew & Sport Organiser, Melbourne
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dedicated and energetic union, representing workers in the MEAA's Entertainment, Crew and Sport section.
The role is based in our Melbourne office.
We are looking for an Organiser who is an all-rounder, a problem solver and preferably has experience in the arts and/or entertainment industry.
Key duties include:
· Problem solving
· Providing advice to members on enterprise agreements and resolving workplace issues
· Working with the ECS Director and Victorian Regional Director to undertake industry wide and site specific campaigns to build membership and influence
· Negotiating with employers and other industry stakeholders
· Operational planning and implementation
· Recruiting and mobilising union members
· Identifying, developing and working with union activists and leaders
· Strong communication skills and ability to play a leadership role amongst members
· Working knowledge and/or experience within the arts and entertainment industry
· Proficient in organising frameworks
· Ability to identify and utilise opportunities and resolve problems
· Advocacy, negotiation or dispute resolution skills
· Industrial relations experience, including working knowledge of agreements and awards
The preferred candidate would have experience in arts/entertainment and/or organising experience with a proven ability to manage industrial and organising priorities.
The role involves intermittent evening and weekend work.
A commitment to trade union principles and workers’ rights is essential.
Remuneration is dependent on skills and experience.
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 28 June. Please forward your curriculum vitae and covering letter marked attention to Jen O’Brien at email@example.com