|Salary:||$96,942 - $117,293 p.a. + superannuation|
|Company:||Victorian Government Solicitor's Office|
|Telephone:||(03) 9032 3052|
|Apps close:||Sunday 16th June 2019|
About the VGSO
The Victorian Government Solicitor's Office (VGSO) vision is to be the Victorian Government's trusted legal partner.
The VGSO provides responsive legal services exclusively for the Victorian Government and public sector. Our place within government ensures we are at the centre of legal change, reform and problem-solving. We operate as a service-driven legal professional practice and strive for excellence in this competitive environment. In all aspects of our operations, we aim to role model and live by our values: Responsiveness, Integrity, Insight, Collaboration and Excellence.
About the branch and role
The Workplace Relations and Occupational Safety Branch enjoys an extraordinary diversity of exciting and challenging matters. The work can range from providing advice and conducting litigation in relation to all aspects of Victorian Public Sector occupational health and safety matters, employment, industrial relations, and discrimination law.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Senior Solicitor to join the Workplace Relations and Occupational Safety Branch to support our Managing Principal Solicitor with all occupational health and safety matters. In this role, you will provide high quality legal services to Government and efficiently manage litigation files.
• Prepare and conduct a range of complex and sensitive matters in different jurisdictions and for different clients, with a particular focus on occupational health and safety.
• Initiate research and analysis and prepare written advices to clients either during litigation or in a pure advisory context.
• Actively participate in client relationship management and marketing projects to build and develop the occupational health and safety practice.
Skills and experience
• Admitted to practice as a legal practitioner of the Supreme Court of Victoria.
• Experience in occupational health and safety matters, including litigation and providing complex written and verbal advice.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and client relationship management skills.
In exchange for your hard work, you will receive; competitive remuneration, training and development opportunities and 17.5% annual leave loading. The VGSO embraces flexibility and welcomes a conversation to help you achieve work-life balance.
How to apply
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, apply now! Applications must include a cover letter and resume. Candidates will also be required to complete a few questions covering the Key Selection Criteria as part of the online application form. Please note it is not required to respond to the Key Selection Criteria separately.
To find out more about this role, please feel free to contact Pieta Spencer, Recruitment Consultant, on (03) 9032 3052.