|Salary:||Commensurate with experience|
|Company:||Transport Workers’ Union of Australia|
|Telephone:||02 8114 6500|
|Apps close:||Tuesday 4th June 2019|
At the Transport Workers Union (TWU) National office we are expanding our national campaign team and we are seeking an additional National Educator to join the team.
The Transport Workers’ Union of Australia (TWU) is one of Australia’s leading campaigning trade unions. Our union fights to grow power give transport workers from traditional and emerging sectors a powerful voice.
We have an ambitious plan for industry action in 2020 and we are looking for passionate, creative and hardworking officials to help us deliver the plan. Central to our strategy for delivering worker power across our industries is the capacity we build through worker education; training and development.
The TWU has a nationally established program for the development of the unions’ delegates, HSR’s, organisers and occupational training – a program we aim to expand considerably.
The program has at its core the belief that worker, education, training and development exists to advance the strategic interests of our members and potential members.
The role will be based in our national office in Sydney, with interstate travel.
MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
We are looking for anyone with the enthusiasm to:
• Support the coordination, creation and delivery of the union’s national education strategy.
• Work as a team to facilitate the expansion of our national training program as well as work supportively and collaboratively with each of our state branches.
• Deliver the unions national education delegates program as well as education for Health and Safety Reps (HSRs).
• To coach, mentor and empower workers to take action.
• To plan, lead and support delegates engaged in on the ground worker contact.
• Deliver training to support the development of our organisers, officials and lead officials
• When necessary to support the delivery of Governance training.
• To create training materials and resource’s and to continuously seek to develop and improve existing materials and resources.
• Create and run delegate conferences.
• Work with other members of the national office and to support their activity,
• Report to, and work collaboratively with the National Education Coordinator and National Education Steering Committee.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL IDEALLY HAVE
• Enthusiasm to see workers empowered and politicised to change and improve their industry.
• The enthusiasm to work as a team member across many areas of the organisation.
• Passion for, or experience in delivering trade union education.
• Committed to strategic campaigning and planning.
• Have a Cert VI in teaching and assessment or willingness to work towards it.
• Have a Cert VI in Occupational Health and Safety or willingness to work towards it.
• Experience of interest in using digital media to expand worker education.
• The ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• A willingness to understand and implement union growth strategies.
• A commitment to labour values.
• The ability to work on your own, and spend considerable time traveling and working away
To apply, forward a Cover Letter CV to Emily McMillan, Chief of Campaigns, Transport Workers’ Union of Australia by email: firstname.lastname@example.org For a confidential discussion about this role, please contact Emily McMillan, Tel: 02 8114 6500.