|Company:||Local Government NSW|
|Telephone:||02 9242 4142|
|Apps close:||Tuesday 21st May 2019|
• Peak industry association
• High profile role in a busy work environment
• Attractive remuneration package
Local Government NSW (LGNSW) is the peak body for local government in NSW, representing councils and related member organisations. With a proud 100+ year history, LGNSW develops an effective community-based system of local government in NSW; advocates on behalf of members to influence policy directions of State and Commonwealth Governments and provides a range of services including, industrial relations, legal advice, management services and training.
LGNSW is seeking to employ a suitably qualified and experienced industrial relations professional on a permanent basis. As a member of the Industrial Relations Unit, your responsibilities may include:
• Representing LGNSW and its members before State and Federal courts and tribunals;
• Providing advice on a broad range of industrial relations, employment and human resources related issues, including but not limited to: performance management, recruitment, termination of employment, anti-discrimination, WHS, privacy and workplace reform;
• Interpreting, negotiating, drafting and providing advice on awards, enterprise agreements, contracts of employment, employment related policies and legislation;
• Drafting reports, submissions and legal documents;
• Represent LGNSW on external committees and working parties.
To be successful in this role you will be a team player with experience appearing before State and/or Federal industrial relations tribunals, have excellent communication and advocacy skills and a well-developed understanding of State and Federal industrial relations systems, human resource management, employment legislation and workplace reform. You will possess tertiary qualifications in industrial relations, human resource management, or an associated discipline.
LGNSW offers excellent conditions of employment, which may include working a 19-day month. Applicants must be willing to travel.
To apply, please visit the Positions Vacant page on our website and review the position description.
Your application should include a covering letter (maximum two pages) which clearly details your skills and experience as relevant to this positions' accountabilities and requirements, and an up-to-date resume (maximum four pages).
For further details about the role, please contact Adam Dansie on (02) 9242 4142, and for further details about LGNSW's conditions of employment, please call Jennifer Trute on (02) 9242 4030.