|Company:||Fair Work Commission|
|Telephone:||03 8656 4840|
|Apps close:||Thursday 25th April 2019|
About the Fair Work Commission
The Fair Work Commission (FWC) is the national workplace relations tribunal. It is an independent body with power to carry out a range of functions relating to:
• The safety net of minimum wages and employment conditions
• Enterprise bargaining
• Industrial action
• Dispute Resolution
• Termination of Employment
• Registered Organisations
FWC is a statutory authority with offices in each State and Territory. The majority of staff are based in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane.
FWC staff are employed under the provisions of the Public Service Act 1999, which means they must uphold the APS Values and abide by the APS Code of Conduct. Employment conditions are set out in the Fair Work Commission Enterprise Agreement 2017- 2020.
Join our team
The Corporate Services Branch is responsible for delivering quality services across Finance, Property & Security, Communications, Governance, Risk and Audit, Parliamentary, Workforce and WHS, Reporting, Planning & Legal, ICT, Business Performance Analysis & Reporting.
Duties of the role
1. Deliver quality services across the range of functions for which the Branch is responsible.
2. Lead the ongoing review and improvement of these services.
3. Shape the Branch’s strategic direction, develop plans and provide leadership to ensure operational teams provide specialist advice, support and assistance to internal and external clients.
4. Provide expert advice and assistance to FWC Members, the General Manager and senior managers across the Branch’s services and operations.
5. Drive effective communication and engagement and a service excellence culture through strong leadership of the Branch.
6. Represent the FWC and build sustainable professional relationships at a senior level with colleagues and stakeholders within the FWC, across Government and external organisations.
7. Effectively contribute to the FWC Executive group, including corporate management and related statutory responsibilities such as strategic planning, major projects, reporting, corporate and budgetary responsibilities.
8. Other duties as directed.