|Company:||Local Government NSW|
|Telephone:||02 9242 4142|
|Apps close:||Thursday 2nd May 2019|
Senior Industrial Officer
• Sydney CBD location
• Peak industry association
• High profile role in a busy work environment
• Attractive remuneration package
Local Government NSW (LGNSW) is the registered employer body and peak industry body representing councils in NSW. LGNSW is seeking to employ a suitably qualified and experienced industrial relations professional on a permanent basis.
As a member of the Industrial Relations Unit, your responsibilities will include:
• Representing LGNSW and its members before State and Federal courts and tribunals;
• Providing advice on a broad range of industrial relations, employment and human resources related issues, including but not limited to: performance management, recruitment, termination of employment, anti-discrimination, WHS, privacy and workplace reform;
• Interpreting, negotiating, drafting and providing advice on awards, enterprise agreements, contracts of employment, employment related policies and legislation;
• Drafting reports, submissions and legal documents;
• Represent LGNSW on external committees and working parties.
To be successful in this role you will be a team player with experience appearing before State and/or Federal industrial relations tribunals, have excellent communication and advocacy skills and a well-developed understanding of State and Federal industrial relations systems, human resource management, employment legislation and workplace reform.
You will possess tertiary qualifications in industrial relations, human resource management, law or an associated discipline. The attainment of a practicing certificate as an Australian Legal Practitioner (solicitor or barrister) is also highly desirable.
LGNSW offers excellent conditions of employment, which may include working a 19-day month. The position also comes with an attractive salary that is dependent upon experience. Applicants must be willing to travel.
Please visit the Positions Vacant page on our website and review the position description prior to submitting an application. Your application should include a covering letter (maximum two pages) which clearly details your skills and experience as relevant to this positions’ accountabilities and requirements, and an up-to-date resume (maximum four pages).
Please send applications to email@example.com. For further details about the role please contact Adam Dansie (Senior Manager, Industrial Relations) or Ross Nassif (Senior Industrial Officer) on (02) 9242 4142 during business hours.
Applications close Thursday, 2nd May 2019.