|Company:||Health Services Union of WA|
|Telephone:||0400 686 444|
|Apps close:||Monday 29th April 2019|
The Health Services Union of Western Australian (HSUWA) represents more than 20,000 allied health and health science professionals, technicians and assistants, clerks and administrators, supervisors and managers throughout Western Australia's public and private hospitals and health services, pathology, radiology, aged care, disability services, community pharmacy, and dental practices.
The Secretary is the Chief Executive Officer of the Union and is responsible for the success of the Union by ensuring the Union’s relevance to its members, the accomplishment of its mission and vision, and the accountability of the Union to its members. The position is responsible for the management and day-to-day operations of the Union within the following key responsibilities: Member Services and Advocacy; Governance; Financial and Organisational Management; and Strategy.
The skills and experience required to fulfil this role include:
1. Demonstrated experience in providing services to a membership and advocating for an outcome on their behalf;
2. Demonstrated experience in managing an organisation that operates within a strict regulatory and governance environment;
3. Demonstrated experience in managing the financial performance of an organisation;
4. Demonstrated experience in leading and managing an organisation’s human and other resources to effectively service member’s needs;
5. Demonstrated experience in developing organisational policies and strategies;
6. A demonstrated commitment to Union values; and
7. Understanding of the health services industrial environment and legislation.
Suitable applicants are invited to obtain a copy of the Job Description Form and Candidate Information Package by contacting David Ashton on 0400 686 444 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 5.00pm (AWST) on Monday 29 April 2019.