|Salary:||up to $132,000 + Super (depending on skills and experience)|
|Email:||Please apply online at the above address|
|Apps close:||Friday 22nd February 2019|
• Build productive relationships
• Support and coach stakeholders on IR/ER issues
• Exposure to operational and corporate environments
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced IR/ER Manager to join Mars Petcare, based in Wodonga, VIC.
As part of a dedicated, specialist team, the AR Manager is responsible for managing IR and ER matters across a diverse functional client group across our Wodonga site, including manufacturing, corporate and remote Associates. Critical to the success of the role is the ability of the AR Manager to build trusting, collaborative relationships across a diverse stakeholder group and to leverage IR /ER expertise to coach and support line managers to develop organisational capability within the IR/ER space.
The role is also responsible for managing enquiries, identifying and mitigating risks, and minimising adverse impacts to the organisation through the application of policies, procedures and practices with adherence to legal and regulatory requirements.
What you’ll do with Mars Petcare:
• Manage, partner with and coach line managers on the performance management process and documentation;
• Manage and partner with line managers on processes related to separations;
• Partner with legal counsel to represent the business in legal and governmental proceedings;
• Perform and advise on associate relations investigations and prepare recommendations;
• Work with and communicate to unions and consultative bodies;
• Lead EA negotiations for manufacturing sites;
• Make recommendations regarding policies, practices and procedures focused on improving consistency, effectiveness and capability;
• Deliver capability building programs for line managers and P&O Business Partners;
• Advise on underperforming associate performance reviews and draft performance improvement plans;
• Identify associate relations trends in area of responsibility and take appropriate actions.
What we are looking for in a candidate for this role:
• Degree or equivalent, preferably in Human Resources, Labour/Industrial Relations, Law;
• At least 5 years’ experience working in Human Resources/Labour Relations with emphasis on managing employee/industrial relations
• Previous experience working within a Business Partnering or manufacturing role within a unionised environment;
• Ability to work and communicate effectively across all levels of the organisation;
• Deep knowledge of employment and labour relations regulations with experience managing union related activities and working with, improving and interpreting EAs;
• Ability to rapidly mobilise and manage internal and external resources to mitigate risks to the Mars business and reputation.
Why Mars Australia?
• Awarded Australia’s #6 company for 2018 in the Best Places to Work survey in the 1,000 + employees category;
• Be paid weekly, with regular onsite visits from our banking partner to support your financial wellbeing;
• Opportunity to opt-in to our Mars superannuation co-contribution matching scheme;
• Access to our Maxxia Rewards Programme offering discounts across dining and entertainment;
• Enrolment to world class training via our Mars University centre of learning excellence.
Mars Petcare is a diverse and growing business with 75,000 Associates across 50+ countries dedicated to one purpose: A Better World For Pets. With 75 years of experience, our portfolio of almost 50 brands serves the health and nutrition needs of the world’s pets – including brands Pedifree®, Whiskas®, Rotal Canin®, Nutro™, Greenies™, Dine®, My Dog®, IAMS™ and Eukanuba™ as well as The Waltham Centre for Pet Nutrition which has advanced research in the nutrition and health of pets for over 50 years. Mars Petcare is also a leading veterinary health provider through a network of over 2,000 pet hospitals including Banfield™, Bluepearl™, Pet Partners™, VCA™ and Linnaeus. We’re also active in innovation and technology for pets, with Wisdom Panel™ genetic health screening and DNA testing for dogs, the Whistle™ GPS dog tracker, and Leap Venture Studio accelerator and Companion Fund™ programs that drive innovation and disruption in the pet care industry. As a family business and guided by our principles, we are privileged with the flexibility to fight for what we believe in – and we choose to fight for: A Better World For Pets.
For more information about careers at Mars and to apply for this role, please visit www.mars.com/australia/en/careers.
Mars Australia & New Zealand is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Introductions via agency will not be accepted.