|Salary:||Negotiable depending on experience|
|Telephone:||03 9695 8800|
|Apps close:||Monday 18th February 2019|
Professionals Australia is the trading name for The Association of Professional Engineers, Scientists and Managers, Australia (APESMA) a registered trade union representing managerial and professional employees in many industries and professions. As a member-based organisation APESMA’s mission is to support our members to achieve their aspirations in their working and professional lives. In this regard APESMA seeks to be strong and influential in workplaces, industries, and professions and to be the recognised voice for professionals in achieving Respect, Recognition, and Reward.
A key component of the Association’s work is the provision of legal and industrial services to members both collectively and individually. This includes the provision of support to the Association’s industry campaigning initiatives.
The National Workplace Relations Lawyer is a member of the National Legal & Industrial Team based in Melbourne reporting to the Director Industrial Relations.
• Provision of advice and support to state offices as required including where necessary identification of options for dispute resolution and delivery of training on legislation
• Acting as an Advocate before tribunals on collective workplace issues
• Involvement as a member of the National Legal & Industrial Team in the maintenance of the modern award safety net including preparation of tribunal documentation and briefs and negotiation and advocacy in matters of intermediate complexity before tribunals
• Provision of advice and support for industry campaigns as required
• Involvement in enterprise bargaining (either under direction as an independent member of a bargaining team or providing support to the bargaining lead)
• Management of individual member cases as required
• Leading and mentoring more junior members of the National Legal and Industrial Team by example
• Under direction may contribute to the development of industrial strategy
The position will require reasonable interstate travel.
The position may be full-time or part-time.
• The position would suit someone with 2+ years industrial relations experience. However, candidates with other relevant experience will be considered
• A commitment to trade union values and a keen interest in industrial relations
• A solid knowledge of contemporary industrial relations issues and state and federal industrial legislation are required as well as a solid understanding of the contract of employment
• The ability to manage a variety of tasks and meet deadlines, problem solving skills and the ability to use initiative
• A demonstrated high level of verbal and written communication skills and the ability to deal with people that may be under stressful situations
A legal qualification is required and admission to practise in Victoria or eligibility to hold a practising certificate is preferred (however suitable candidates who are yet to be admitted to practice will be considered on the expectation that the successful candidate will take the necessary steps to gain admission to practice).
The successful applicant will have access to a professional development program.
Applications for this position, marked "Confidential", should be addressed to: Jenny Broomhall – Executive Assistant by email: email@example.com
For further information and a confidential preliminary discussion contact Michael Butler, Director Industrial Relations, 0413 831 457 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org