|Company:||The Australian Workers' Union National Office|
|Telephone:||02 8005 3333|
|Apps close:||Friday 15th February 2019|
The Australian Workers’ Union is the nation’s oldest and largest blue-collar trade union representing thousands of working Australians.
We are a diverse union representing workers in a range of industries including manufacturing, steel, aluminium, glass, oil & gas, aviation, agriculture, construction, state public services, local government, health, food, resources, aquaculture, and events.
Getting the best outcome for our members is at the heart of what we do.
The AWU National Office is seeking a full-time National Campaign Organiser to be based in Sydney. This role will include the following work:
• Identify, plan and implement industry campaigns in targeted Industries to grow union membership and build member power;
• Organise and facilitate on-line campaigns harnessing modern social media organising tools,
• Help facilitate online and direct member communications and engagement,
• Coordinate the bargaining of national agreements with Branch organisers and delegates.
• Assist in the planning and facilitation of national industry conferences.
• Demonstrated experience in on-line industrial campaigning with proven outcomes.
• Exceptional social media including an understanding of different social media channels.
• Digital design skills, including proven use of the Adobe suite.
• Previous experience in industrial relations and a demonstrated commitment to union values.
• Proven ability to work under limited supervision in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent written and verbal advocacy skills with a strong attention to detail.
• Ability to travel interstate regularly.
• Familiarity with key industries in which the AWU has coverage.
• An ability to develop, implement and control campaign plans.
• Understanding of the Fair Work Act.
An attractive Salary and other generous conditions will be offered depending on experience. A relocation package may also be available if moving from interstate.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria to AWU Chief of Staff Mark Fagan firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject heading ‘National campaign Organiser Application’. The deadline for applications is COB Friday 15 February.
Applications that include examples of campaign, social media or design work will be viewed favourably.